Saturday, July 28, 2012

I don’t know what kind of girl I am


       Few days ago, someone told me that he kinda likes me but he finds me so weird. I was supposed to feel insulted but I just laugh. Well, he was not the first who told me that.  There were boys who said when will I start to be serious and act like a lady and there were also who bluntly said I laugh like a demon or someone from another world. Hehehehe! Then because of them I remember my second favourite film, Juno!
     Juno starring Ellen Page (who became one of my favourite actresses) is about unplanned teenage pregnancy. I can relate to Juno not because I got pregnant when I was 16 but because I can compare my personality to Juno and this is one of the best films I ever see.

The story is Character driven


      Yeah let’s say that Juno is in the dilemma of having a baby at the young age and out of wedlock.  She can’t blame Paulie Bleeker (the father of her child and played by Michael Cera) because she’s the one who initiated their make love.  But that’s it; everything left is Juno’s decision and action. She’s sarcastically funny, frank, soulful, boyish, musically inclined, insensitive and odd.  Whatever she does is the continuity of script. 
     The script t is not dragging. It does tell you what will happen if a girl gets pregnant and what she has to learn but you can chew all that smoothly. I can’t even dispose any scenes that are not helpful to establish the story. All the actors also played their parts gracefully like Jennifer Garner, Jason Bateman, Alisson Janney, Olivia Thirlby, and J.K Simons.


Why I like Ellen Page?

I like her as Juno because it seems she’s not acting. Her voice is audible and she throws lines like crispy fried chicken. Even if the script is good but she didn’t execute it well, it’s a waste right? Also, I like her voice and  even when she sang the awesome Anyone Else But You with Cera. 


Why Juno is worthy to see?

  • It’s because it tells you that if you have problem, you have choices to consider. Like in unwanted pregnancy, you don’t need to abort the child because having a baby is treasure for others just what Garner wonderfully portrayed .  
  • People may treat you as garbage and alien but there are people loves for exactly what you are…

 “Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That’s the kind of person that’s worth sticking with.” -Mac MacGuff ( J.K. Simmons)
…they’re maybe your family, friends or the one that’s rightfully for you. Just stay guided, loved and be yourself, right?

Why I can relate to Juno ?

Hahaha, I may be hear these lines…

Like I'd marry you! You'd be the meanest wife ever, okay?” Paulie Bleeker (Michael Cera)   

“You're being really immature... You have no reason to be mad at me, I mean, you know, you broke MY heart. I should be royally ticked off at you. I should be really cheesed off, I shouldn't want to talk to you anymore.”- Paulie Bleeker (Michael Cera)   

“She's kidding. Junebug has a wonderful sense of humor. Just one of her many genetic gifts.” Mac MacGuff (J.K. Simmons)

…but it’s fine because like Juno normalcy is not my style. I don’t say I’d be like this forever or I’m sound very defensive; I just want to be me- the weird. I can pretend and be the ideal girl for couple of times for a guy, but not for the rest of my life. That’s one of the worst or the unhappiest thing I’ll do for love and for myself.   And I believe if I met Paulie clones before, I’ll meet another one someday and he’s the real Paulie Bleeker for me- the “cheese to my macaroni.” Yohohoho! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

and your opinion?